I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!

I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.

Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.

With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.

Let me begin with this:

I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.

Start!


➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in the new home for “G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers”

➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in keeping in touch or getting mentored by Robin


You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:


"The Myth of Talent" by Robin Griggs Wood

Robin Griggs Wood •artist•(@robingriggswood)'s Instagram

.
.
.
.
.
.



RECENT POSTS

Goodbye Classic G+


Goodbye Classic G+
I sure will miss the plain gray interface that doesn't demand my attention up in the top bar ... ;o). I sure will miss all of the options in those tabs up there; specifically the "More" dropdown and the option to view posts by "Mentions" ... however will I find our fun theme posts now?! I sure will miss that Search actually worked, and the option to view posts by "Most recent" via search (I have posts coming up via Search from 33 weeks ago with no option to find the latest. How does that make for relevant communication?!). What do you miss in the new interface?

27 comments:

  1. Nothing... Been on it so long, don't remember this so called "classic"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing, tbh. I love the new photo drag n drop interface and that Hangouts is no longer part of the page. The material design FAB to start a new written post is annoying.

    That circles are deemphasized is both not something I personally care about too much (it's been a long time since I added anybody to one or seen anyone in a circle post anything in particular to that circle. OTOH Circles are an easy way to find other people; Communities aren't too bad for they, but circles are an easy way to add a large number of people at once.

    Photos: eh. I usually hit an editor before I i upload anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything I missed when the new Plus was first introduced has been restored - and there's even a browser extension that lets you change the color of that red page header bar to any color you want! Things I don't miss include crawlingly slow page-load times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also miss everything what was good

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now they are deciding what I do and don't want to see in my comment field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat Kight -- what extension are you using (and is it for Chrome)? ... I found one for Chrome, but it doesn't work ... :o/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure it's easy or even possible to add people to a circle. The only option when visiting the person's G+ page seems to be to follow them. I'm hopeful that I can go to my old circles and add new people by searching by name, which is slow and difficult for some names. Maybe there's a way to do it more easily but it isn't immediately obvious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss everything. The old mare is slow in the traces of change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I miss is that my best friend's names were in that top bar. It was a quick way of seeing just their posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too many things I miss to list them all again; I'll be linking from my own site so people can see my albums, no more uploading here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dislike the red color across the top of the page. It easily disrupts my attention but again, I am easily distracted by bright shiny objects that make wind chime sounds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Extraño la cantidad de vistas en cada imagen y en el perfil, era una forma de medir el impacto de cada publicación, en esta nueva versión no aparece o no la veo. Creo que le encontramos el gusto pronto o nos vamos a mudar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not using the extension ( the red doesn't bother me) but I've got a query into the Gogle Help community, 'cause that's where I saw it mentioned. Will let you know what I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not fond of how photos are organized by date. If I want to use an older photo it is quite the chore to scroll forever to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made a post with my most pressing complaints - https://goo.gl/fbb2Yt. (too long to include here...).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Garry Knight
    Put them in a circle? They still work...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Pat Kight, they're already in a circle. But it now takes two clicks to get to their posts instead of one. Call me lazy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Robin Griggs Wood The new G+ is clunky, cumbersome, and so very difficult to use. The old "More" option was something I used daily. Completely user unfriendly.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. if anyone knows how to change this screaming RED at the top I would love some hints... Installing Stylish Extensions does not help me because I cannot find Stylish Extensions... going to a wig shop soon to ask them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Stylish extension for Chrome is available, free, at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish-custom-themes-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en (disclaimer: I'm not using it because the colored bars don't bother me.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. For some reason, Safari doesn't work on this new Google Plus... I have to use Chrome. This sucks! The interface with the 'More' option is gone. I really miss the old Google Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. One thing that has not changed is that if you tag something with #GoogleFail it soon falls off the hashtag results, showing only old posts with that hashtag.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Album Management when uploading and search per mentions

    ReplyDelete