I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!
I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.
Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.
With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.
Let me begin with this:
I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.
You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:
Robin Griggs Wood •artist•(@robingriggswood)'s Instagram
"Still in the Planning Stages"
OK, here's the "how to":
1. Rent a helicopter
2. Fly really close to a large city ––> get permission first, so you don't get shot down as a suspected terrorist (a common reaction in major U.S. cities)
3. Take pictures (this is a crucial step)
4. Grab one of the shots and use it for your crazy-ass idea to create an "architectural rendering" look
5. Draw lines all over your cool city-from-above image ... that will make some folks kind of squeamish, but soldier on (remember, this is a crazy-ass idea)
6. Take individual areas of your image, for the greatest control of final look, and run them through Topaz Impressions, painting portions of each layer via a layer mask over their specific area.
7. Do #6 about 20 times, over a period of an hour
And there you have it ... :o))
#rgwoodpost #googleplusphotos #mixedmediaartwork #digitalart #photoshop #photomanipulation