I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!
I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.
Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.
With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.
Let me begin with this:
I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.
You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:
The FINDING YOUR VISION mentorship is ready for sign-ups!
This is a special program designed specifically for beginner to intermediate Street Photographers. (Please note "Beginner" means you've shot some Street Photography prior to taking this mentorship)
In this mentorship I will share my Understanding of the elements that make a strong image. Firstly by analysing images captured. Secondly by increased awareness through mindful practice at Street. By the end of the mentorship, participants will have a better understanding of these elements, that should be reflected in their images.
Also a better understand principles of design and their own personal vision.
This mentorship is offered through the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
I will be taking on a handful of people for an 8 week on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
I’ve been taking photos for just over 30 years, and have specialised in Street Photography for the past 2 years.
I’m a Sphere 2 graduate from the Arcanum. Most of my Street Photography has been self taught, but also formally through workshops and the Arcanum.
The applicants will need to be already have experience shooting Street Photography.
You will need to be available to shoot at street at least once a week for 6 of the 8 week program.
Assignments will be posted on a Friday so you need have time available to complete them each week.
You own/ have access to a camera that you can shoot in Automatic / Aperture Priority/ Shutter Priority.
Processing in Adobe Lightroom or similar is preferred but not essential.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a technical workshop. You can use any kind of camera that you can shoot on aperture /shutter priority. Either point and shoot, DSLR or mirrorless, you will need to be familiar with your own camera. Processing will covered but please do not outlay any money for software.
Sign up will be open until Saturday the 11th March. Selections will begin on the 12th March for the Mentorship beginning Sunday the 19th March 2017.
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking street photos and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: https://plus.google.com/+teresapilcher/posts/RhXhvZXd1TP
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Level of Street Photography experience
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
1) Intermediate hobby photographer
2) Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3
3) None? Beginner? Intermediate?
4) To sell prints of my work
5) Full-time grocery store clerk
6) I have no previous art studies
7) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this
The G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers is run by program directors Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Alex Lapidus