I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!
I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.
Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.
With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.
Let me begin with this:
I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.
You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:
He, who cannot forgive a trespass of malice to his enemy, has never yet tasted the most sublime enjoyment of love. ~ Johann Kaspar Lavater
#FloralFriday with thanks to Tamara Pruessner Eustace James Beth Akerman Kiki Nelson and FloralFriday
#rgwoodpost #photography #googleplusphotos #Friday #TGIF #naturephotography #FloralFriday #FlowerFriday #flowerphotography #floralphotography #hqspflowers #btpflowerpro BTP Flower Pro
The How Do You See? mentorship is ready for sign-ups!
This is a special program for those who are looking to add that little extra umph to their images by looking at the world around them in a different way through the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.
I will be taking on a limited number of people for a 6 week online mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions. Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
I have been taking photos for 40ish years (you do the math). It’s a passion and one of the things that has remained consistent throughout is my ‘photographic eye’. One of the questions I get asked most often is “how did you see that”? In college, on a trip to Greece I was shooting a flower coming through a fence when one of my fellow travelers asked what I was shooting, my reply: Don’t you SEE that? The answer was no of course they didn’t. I also have a passion for helping others and I’m hoping through this mentorship program I can help you find your photographic eye, to see the world around you in a new and different way and to help you produce images that make your viewer see something in a new way as well.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a technical workshop. You can use any kind of camera - phone - tablet - point and shoot - DSLR and yes, even mirrorless ;). Editing will actually not be allowed for most of this program so editing skills are not needed either! YAY!
Selections will begin Wednesday, August 17th for the mentorship beginning Sunday, August 21st.
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum of three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected except for the option of a public display album of your best work at the end.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have no previous studies in this subject, since this program is designed for those who have not had the opportunity or advantage to add this skill set to their knowledge base.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LauriNovak/posts/HH6RX5PmeKo
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level
2) Photo editing software used most
3) Favorite three subjects to photograph
4) Aspirations within photography
5) Current job or profession
6) Previous art studies
7) Amount of time you have available for participation
1) Intermediate hobby photographer
2) Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3
3) Trees, landscapes, waterfalls
4) To sell prints of my work
5) Full-time grocery store clerk
6) I have no previous art studies
7) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this
The G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers is run by program directors Robin Griggs Wood Ron Clifford and Alex Lapidus