I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!

I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.

Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.

With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.

Let me begin with this:

I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.

Start!


➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in the new home for “G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers”

➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in keeping in touch or getting mentored by Robin


You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:


"The Myth of Talent" by Robin Griggs Wood

Robin Griggs Wood •artist•(@robingriggswood)'s Instagram

.
.
.
.
.
.



RECENT POSTS

How to be loved


How to be loved

Needing a bit more love in your life?

Now, you know the way things work, to get anything you're going to have to give it. If you are feeling a lack, it isn't that you aren't lovable, it is just that you need more practice!

For anything to exist in your life you need to create it. This starts with loving others more. The more you practice, the more you open yourself to the love around you and the potential to receive then grows with it.

You can practice on those around you for whom you already feel some affinity––but to earn real love, start practicing on the tougher cases around you.

Like the garbage man who picks up your trash regularly.
Like the person who cut you off on the freeway yesterday.
Like the kid who keyed your new car.
Like the homeless man who smells of sweat and urine.

Open your heart to continue to love everyone around you despite whether you feel they've earned it or not and watch the love grow in your own life. It is one of those bits of magic in this world––and it takes practice.


––––––––––––––––

#FloralFriday with thanks to Tamara Pruessner Eustace James Beth Akerman Kiki Nelson and FloralFriday


#rgwoodpost #photography #googleplusphotos #Friday #TGIF #naturephotography #inspiration #FlowerFriday  #flowerphotography #floralphotography #hqspflowers
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Please feel free to ask me,
if you would like any of my images
available for print at robingriggswood.com

If you would like to view my albums here at G+ go to
 ––> https://plus.google.com/photos/+RobinGriggsWood/albums

69 comments:

  1. Can always do with some loving - this is beautiful as usual Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart Dyckhoff -- thank you, my friend ... :o). Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully written and a beautiful photo to accompany it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wise woman and an amazing photographer - double blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ralph Mendoza -- thank you so much, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy Custer Donohoue -- thank you, kindly, dear ... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely words and that's a beautifully meaningful photo to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy mum -- thank you, dear ... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina Bolt -- thank you, kindly... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic lighting, and love the amazingly smooth processing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is lovely and the processing is so very interesting Robin Griggs Wood and great post too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable - love the subtle lighting

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ♡ this image!!!
    Your words on love are beautiful and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eustace James -- thank you so much, my friend ... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Natosha Davis -- oh, you words are so true ... definitely something that should be added to the list of who to practice on! (And, well done you, you totally did the right thing ... :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shannon Adelson -- thank you very much, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth Lund -- thank you, kindly, dear ... xo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rosie Nixon -- thank you so much, dear .. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura Ockel -- thank you and thank you! ... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  20. The light, tones and texture are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Robin Love The Quote .. Thanks For Sharing .Have a Weekend')

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful image and words.  Thanks Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  23. True words and a lovely image. Have a wonderful day, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  24. brilliant torrential beauty emanating revival hilarity

    ReplyDelete
  25. Helen Natsioks -- thank you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Matt Wachowski -- thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sharon Woodward -- thank you ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tina Bolt -- thank you very much ... you have a good weekend too ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wendy Baker -- thank you, dear .. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mikko Tyllinen -- thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary Wardell -- thank you, dear ... you, too ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Natosha Davis -- first, I would would have to define what I mean by "love" in my text: this would be the willingness to have the other person be who they are, without judgement, and a willingness to wish all good things for that person, or that they have the path they've chosen without your needing to change it or feel hatred, disgust or censure that they've chosen that path in life. Love, in this sense, would be a sense of appreciation that they are human just like you.

    With that, it doesn't mean that you have to take the homeless person home with you ... ;o). I'd never recommend that a person keep someone who has a toxic personality around them. (One should only ever surround themselves with people who support them in the best way.) So, yes, if they rub you the wrong way, stay away from them; it isn't good for either of you ... but how you feel, your mood about that person should remain without hate or judgement.

    At least, that is my viewpoint about it, and what I apply in my own life. It's taken away a lot of my own strife ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Robin Griggs Wood, methinks you are G+ guru of wisdom (completely seriously)..

    ReplyDelete
  34. surely your right no thing happened without love...

    ReplyDelete
  35. A masterpiece, in words and images.... thank you Robin Griggs Wood!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Robin Griggs Wood you are a very wise woman and a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Shelly Gunderson -- thank you, dear!
    Humberto Flores -- thank you
    Sumit Sen -- thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dave Bell -- that's so kind of you to say ... thank you, my friend. Just sharing some of my slap-on-the-forehead-why-didn't-I-see-it-sooner moments in my own life ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nancy Levan -- that's sweet of you, thank you, dear ... xo!
    رائد الادهمي -- :o)
    Alison Christensen -- thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I agree 100% that's keeping it totally real, feel loveable towards the opposite, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I always smile at passers-by and say Hello!  The Divine always needs a vessel to pour healing love into the world
    #YouMightBeTheOnlyAvailableChannelTheDivineRequires

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have to get love to give love. I adored my sons and LOVED them more than life. That's as far as I could go. I think not having LOVE is SAD. I had it in high school from someone I dated forever. Then I met and married a guy in 3Months. I was not I quote not in my RIGht mind. That was the beginning of the end.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The words are wonderful. I just lost someone and I keep thinking what's the problem with us. Now I am clear.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I care for people alot. But I'm tired of getting hurt by men. I want to be loved. For instance I would love to be held and comfort,kissed and etc. I want some romance in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for the words Robin. Yes, love makes life more beautiful, regardless of our past failures and pains. We don't need to search for it, just give it - freely.

    ReplyDelete
  46. (적당하다/많다) 비교
    하나님-큰ㆍ작은 국가), 겁ㆍ인내심), 확인)

    ReplyDelete
  47. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ROSE. . .I LOVE TO DRY THEM. ONCE MY SON GAVE ME A BOUQUET OF "TINY" ROSES, THEY DRIED SO PERFECT. I PUT THEM IN A SWEET, ETCHED VASE. A WONDERFUL MEMORY OF MY SON'S CARING & LOVING HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations Robin Griggs Wood your beautiful picture has been selected and re-shared in Good Light Photography Page.

    In thanking you for the contribution, we invite you to visit our page where many beautiful photos are collected, including yours.

    plus.google.com - Good Light Photography Page

    Best regards and ..... "good light".

    francy nikol

    ReplyDelete