I'M HERE TO EMPOWER YOU!

I’m an artist . . . but that’s not saying much, because I believe, and it is something that I have devoted my time heavily to convey, that art expression is an inherent property of human nature. The media may vary, but not the innate disposition.

Those that know me have heard my “talent-as-myth” diatribe all too often, and if you end up tuning in to my posts, you will encounter it soon enough. It is my goal to change the notion, which a great number of people resign to, that one needs to have “talent” to pursue the art they feel or want and am doing this on a daily basis through my program in the G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers.

With that as preface, I will probably devote a portion of my posts to inspiring artists, but I also plan to impart other conceptions that I have about life in general, with the goal of elevating, encouraging, enlivening or energizing those who read them.

Let me begin with this:

I wish for you the ability to create for yourself all that your heart desires.

Start!


➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in the new home for “G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers”

➡️ fill out this form, if you’re interested in keeping in touch or getting mentored by Robin


You can begin by watching "The Myth of Talent" here:


"The Myth of Talent" by Robin Griggs Wood

Robin Griggs Wood •artist•(@robingriggswood)'s Instagram

.
.
.
.
.
.



RECENT POSTS

Celestial Pigeon Offers Sage Advice to All Seagulls


Celestial Pigeon Offers Sage Advice to All Seagulls

Be at peace, my buffoony-bird brethren.
For your karma in this life, it is foretold,
should be that of being the butt of all
banter, jokes, jests, witticisms, quips, puns, gags, wisecracks, one-liners, two-liners, funny stories, rib-ticklers, knee-slappers, punchlines, tricks, pranks, larks, stunts, hoaxes, japes, spoofs, groaners, mockery, laughter, scoffing, contempt, jeers, sneers, jibes, teasing, taunts, badinage, chaffs, sarcasm, satire, kidding, ribbing, joshing, goofing, razzing, lampoons and parodies
on Saturdays.

Live this life as it was given to you and,
if you bear it well,
in the next life you will be reincarnated

as a cat

… and no longer have to suffer having your photograph taken nor be the object of derision or scorn once a week.



#SeagullButtSaturday vs. #Caturday




––

If you've made it this far, please know that there is NO such theme as #SeagullButtSaturday. The following people, contributing to the #FunniestNonthemeOnGplus , probably have rather strange karma too:

Robin Griggs Wood Ursula Klepper Christin McLeod Sassi Sassmannshausen Lauri Novak Richard Ball Craig Szymanski Melissa Beagle Ellie Kennard Cora Triton Steve Savoie Pam Wolfe Joy mum Jon Cassill Tom McGowan Annie Irving Diana Boyd Debby Moran Alex Lapidus Lou McCorkle Rob Lopes Kim Smith Bette Kauffman Liz C Jacqueline Hodsdon Darion Jackman Steven Kennard Sharon Stone Dawn Siadatan Sumit Sen Jasbir S. Randhawa Gazzaroonii T. John Wade Dave Bell Swee Oh Leo Deegan Nancy Battis Vita Patrick Kelly Marilyn Benham Mari Luukkonen Lora Lee Chapman Giselle Savoie Carin Bruce David Q. Cohen Gernot Glaeser Maureen Roberson Brian Grzelewski BJ Bolender Darcee McCutcheon Annelies Jansen Rachel Ferris Margaret Tompkins Jan Vermeulen

Real themes:
#birds4all curated by Walter Soestbergen Ricky L Jones & Birds4All
#birdloversworldwide curated by Robert SKREINER  BIRD Lovers & WILDLIFE
#birdsgallery  with thanks to Heinrich Wagner
#textureblendphotography  Texture Blend Photography with thanks to Gemma Costa


#rgwoodpost #SeagullButtShots #SeagullButts #SeagullButtsInDisguise #notatheme #Gulluminati #FunniestNonthemeOnGplus
#googleplusphotos #hqspanimals #hqspbirds

75 comments:

  1. Oh my Robin Griggs Wood I had to take some deep breaths after reading this! A true masterpiece to be published by only the best publisher in the world! 

    Marvelous image btw :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. птица почти ослепла но ей всё нипочём потому что она птица мира

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity has no bound, Robin Griggs Wood. :)

    I wonder how well this pigeon would go with a pinch of Celestial Seasoning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin Griggs Wood Awesomely done, Robin, butt that's to be expected of you! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Robin Griggs Wood , and so full of deep wisdom. Blessed the seagull who has a pigeon as a counselor!
    And really beautiful photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome post and may I say wonderful pigeon photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annelies Jansen -- heehe ... thank you so much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom Tran -- ... ;oD ... thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jasbir S. Randhawa -- thank you so much, my friend (and oh the pressure of expectations! .. ;oD)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mari Luukkonen -- thank you so much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gernot Glaeser -- teehee! .. thank you so much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ralph Mendoza -- thank you very much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mariana alexandru -- thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly posed and poised purplish pigeon portrait, Robin Griggs Wood!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, Shawn McClure -- extra points for the alliteration! ... ;oD. Thank you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Pigeon looks a little satanical to me :)- cool image, love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seagull butts to become #seagullbuttsdisguisedasCats. Seagulls, pigeons and cats, oh my! Happy #Splatterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant piece of work.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heehee, Steve Hambley -- you may be right ... ;oD. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharon Stone -- teehee ... thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wayne Moran -- thank you very much, my friend ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Teresa Daniel -- thanks for saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Andy Smith -- thank you, my friend! ... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sure come up with some of the funniest stuff..  :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely pic & post, Robin Griggs Wood!...Heh! Heh!...& good!...the pigeon stands elevated!...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Robin Griggs Wood to share your great photo with the HQSP Birds page (Philippe Avenel)!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Celestial pigeon is divine Robin Griggs Wood!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how this one is processed, you'd think it would be too much blue, or too dark, but it ends up perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wayne Moran -- aw, thanks for saying that! ... I do love to make folks laugh ... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chandrajeet Mohanty -- :o)) ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. *takes bow, and pulls nails out of her rear end* –– thank you, kindly, Joy mum ... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  32. Natosha Davis -- it's just one layer at a time (I don't have an idea when I start) ... what helps is to just have fun with it and play, –– A LOT. That's all I've ever done is play and I learn so much that way.

    ReplyDelete
  33. HQSP Birds -- thank you, thank you! ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gina Jordan  -- that's so kind of you to say ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Leo Deegan -- funny noises always come out of my nose when I read your comments ... ;o7

    ReplyDelete
  36. Natosha Davis -- I go out and shoot them ... :o). I take pictures of walls, concrete, grass; anything with a texture (which is a really fascinating exercise in itself––there's a bazillion interesting textures out there.) The "Gradient Map" adjustment layer (different than just a simple "Gradient" layer; the "Gradient Map" maps to levels of gray in the Luminosity of an image) is a great way to add color to them, as well as the other adjustment layers.

    ReplyDelete
  37. mmmm Robin Griggs Wood "sage" advice - I guess that's the vegetarian option then,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations! HQSP thinks your work is great and you have been included in the June HQSP Winners group for this shot!

    Well done, please check out the other winning shots on HQSP Winners and look out for our Winners circle released at the end of each month :)

    Regards, Krystina Isabella Brion

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great photo and work, dear Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful photo! Robin Griggs Wood 
    Selected for the stream and daily photo theme:
    #birdloversandwildlife 
    by Robert SKREINER & Roswitha Böhmer
    Also shared at the page: BIRD Lovers & WILDLIFE

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you so much, BIRD Lovers & WILDLIFE!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are welcome, dear Robin Griggs Wood

    ReplyDelete
  43. Shelly Gunderson -- thank you so much, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  44. John Wade -- not if we have roasted bird for dinner #seagullinasagecreamsauce  ... ... ooh, I think I need to tone down my crazy a bit; it's getting worse letting it out every Saturday ... ;oD. Thanks, my friend ... ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  45. Maryam Ghaffari and PABLO MARTINEZ -- thank you for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  46. Texture Blend Photography -- thank you so much!
    HQSP Winners -- thank you, kindly!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Robin Griggs Wood .....mmmmm roasted gull..... not tried it myself

    ReplyDelete
  48. Are these all proposals for the next hunt's list? .... Most of them I should have put into translater, but I was too lazy for, sorry .... Giggle!
    But the image is again a master peace! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ursula Klepper -- heehee! ... thank you, dear .. hugs!
    AliMuhammad Malik -- thank you

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Robin Griggs Wood we wanted to share your photo, but the share button was missing. Regards, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  51. HQSP Your vote  (and Anja Wessels ) -- thank you for pointing that out to me ... G+ keeps disabling my reshares arbitrarily (eek!). I've fixed this one, and will send feedback. Thank you for wanting to share my work!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great Robin Griggs Wood, now I can place you in the HQSP vote. Have a nice day!
    Thank you for this beautiful share!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you, kindly, Anja Wessels!! I hope your weekend is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks Robin Griggs Wood I just posted this:
    https://plus.google.com/114387733605413183639/posts/AH8356rxRpB
    That says it all I guess :-)

    I hope yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anja Wessels -- :o)) ... very lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  56. thank you for sharing your photo with me! 8]

    ReplyDelete